[RE-wrenches] Enphase and Romex

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Oct 25 07:41:36 PDT 2012

William,

I have not been successful arguing that the load is integral within the
array despite the fact that the DC load is clearly utilized at the
microinverter. This has been a point of contention in area jurisdictions
since NEC 2008 was adopted and we started installing microinverters. Maybe
it's time to take another run at it, citing the elimination of the section
in NEC 2011.

Regarding the bare CU in the attic, some local inspectors have a real issue
with what is "subject to physical damage." I'd like some code citations to
be ready if anyone has it handy.

*Jason Szumlanski*

*Fafco Solar*