[RE-wrenches] Trojan 2 volt L-16s

John DeBoever jdeboever at trojanbattery.com
Tue Oct 9 17:14:02 PDT 2012

Tom,

Trojan IND line are 2V single cell batteries, in dual containers.

John
Travelling
On Oct 9, 2012, at 20:05, "Tom Duffy" <Tom at thesolar.biz> wrote:

> William
>
> You apparently misunderstood my poorly worded question I am sorry, I meant...   "why can't they make a big 1110 AH 2 volt... like Surrette does".
>
> I have seen very few truly "defective" cells in the 45 years I have been in the battery business. Its true cell "failure" is a common enough occurrence but this always stems from abuse. Battery manufacturers make good products, but people kill batteries by abuse. It is very rare (If ever) to have failure in a single series string bank, if proper charging and maintenance are followed.
>
> Also in a single series string the differences in internal resistance from new to old is cancelled out by the single "Path" of the series. If you add a new cell to a series string the worse thing that happens it the older cells will wear out before the young ones, but in the natural course of life, not from any abusive design
>
> And yes in parallel connections the difference in resistance from new to old is a disaster waiting (usually not too long) to happen. -
>
> Tom Duffy

This e-mail message and any attachments that accompany it may contain
information that is confidential, privileged, or protected from disclosure.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it was intended
to be addressed. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, or you are not
the intended recipient, any reading, disclosure, copying or other use of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately advise the sender at their phone number listed
above, or by electronic mail, and also permanently delete the original and all
copies of this e-mail and any attachments from all locations. Thank you.