[RE-wrenches] Fronius State 104

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Mon Oct 8 18:38:11 PDT 2012

Jeff,

Is there any chance the utility has recently implemented a remote meter
reading system? The Aclara TWACs
<http://www.aclaratech.com/AclaraPLS/specsheets/TWACS_UMT-R.pdf> remote
meter reading system communicates by putting a pulse on the line that is
very near the zero crossing of the voltage waveform. Unfortunately the
zero crossing is easily and often used as a reference point for
frequency measurements. Devices that watch the zero crossings are often
confused by the TWACS signal. The signal isn't there constantly -- only
when the local kWr meter has been asked to send data.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com
t: 541-568-4882