[RE-wrenches] Trojan 2 volt L-16s

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Oct 8 13:20:18 PDT 2012

Tom:

To answer your question below:  because it would only be 2 volts.

Best case:  for a 48 volt system you need 24 cells, period.  This way they
are all in series and not separate strings.  In separate strings, one
string will be dominant and others will be subsidiary, over time.

The benefit of the 2 volts cells is price.  There may be another
benefit:  While there are really three strings in each case, the
connections are factory and maybe not prone to imbalance.  This is the
answer I am searching for.  Only experience can tell us this, I think.

Wm