[RE-wrenches] Disconnets

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Sat Aug 25 20:45:23 PDT 2012

The problem with this stuff is not passing inspection, it's actually turning the system off under load!  I think if you watched the arcing on the contacts, you would agree that the system you saw has only a very limited number of switch cycles before it fails...... possibly in the ON position.  600 VDC rated fuse holders for instance will completely arc across the open contacts at 900 vdc.
This is one area where you don't have much safety factor, IMHO.

Ray Walters