[RE-wrenches] 12V loads

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Aug 10 20:09:49 PDT 2012

The only way I deal with hunting lodges and the like is to install close to full code (I do relax on the exact year, since it isn't new construction), or I supply parts and advice, and let them do it themselves.
In Taos, we had some pretty poor folks trying to make it out in the desert, so I almost never turned anyone away, but not everyone got the benefits of a professional install.
Try telling a fellow American living in a tent or plywood shanty that they have to comply with NEC 2011.
 Just to make you feel better: 12 v PV is one of the safest forms of electricity, so if the screw something up, they're not exactly going to vaporize the planet.
They're much more likely to die in a car accident driving to your shop to get another fuse......

Ray Walters