[RE-wrenches] Monopole for Whisper Turbines

Tom Duffy Tom at thesolar.biz
Mon Jul 23 16:59:24 PDT 2012

I remember that Southwest Wind tried a steel monopole maybe 10 years ago and the weld kept breaking on the tip-up hinge because of harmonic resonance (Odd but plausible). Haven't seen a mono (steel) pole since.

There was a guy down in Arizona who was doing aluminum poles (30 foot) We sold them for a while http://www.thesolar.biz/Wind%20Towers.htm but I lost track of him, and for the life of me can't remember his company.

Maybe somebody can look at the pictures on my old site and remember who this was
Kind regards
Tom Duffy
  Systems Design Engineer
     tom at thesolar.biz<mailto:tom at thesolar.biz>
       USA Toll Free 888-503-6772 Bocas del Toro, Panama 6126-1253
Although no trees were killed in the sending of this message, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
 Confidentiality Notice: This message including any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete any copies of this message.