[RE-wrenches] Battery Experience

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mon Jul 9 16:19:22 PDT 2012

and the difference betaeen the L16RE-A & L16RE-B is?

todd

On Monday, July 9, 2012 12:53pm, "John DeBoever" <jdeboever at trojanbattery.com> said:

Jason, Wrenches,

Thank you for your patience and positive statements on Trojan Battery Company. Last week was a busy and I was away from my desk most of the time with limited  access to Internet.

Both the Premium ”RE” versions L16RE-A and L16RE-B, and, the Signature  L16P & L16H are great deep-cycles lead acid batteries for solar applications. The key  differences between them are:

ü The grid is thicker for the Premium “RE” L16RE-A and L16RE-B,  which effectively reinforces further the frame strength which results into a greater corrosion resistance;
ü There is relatively more electrolyte in contact with the plates in the Premium “RE” L16RE-A and L16REB, which enhances the electrochemical reaction,  particularly during PSOC;
ü The rubber-based  multi-rib geometry separator is approx. 30% thicker for the Premium “RE” L16RE-A and L16RE-B, which translates into a longer life of the separator. The thicker multi-ribs geometry keeps over time the acid channels open longer, promoting the flow of the electrolyte  . As a result, the thicker separator is reducing the risk of stratification and enhancing electrochemical processing throughout the plates, resulting into longer continuous performance of the battery.
ü In the approx. same form factor (except the height), this results into more lead per Ah capacity on the L16-RE units nameplate.

As a consequence, the cycling performances of the Premium “RE” is 1,600 cycles @ 50% DOD and 4,000 cycles @ 20% DOD. Respectively 1,200 cycles # 50% DOD, and,  3,000 cycles @ 20% DOD @ 20% DOD, for the L16-P & L16-H.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can shed further light on other attributes of lead acid batteries.

Sunniest regards,

John

John F. DeBoever
Global Technical & Projects Director – Renewable Energy
Trojan Battery Company

12380 Clark Street
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Tel: +1-562-236-3000 Ext. 3139
Cell: +1-845-514-7600 – NY office time zone: USA EST (GMT-5)
Skype: john.f.deboever
Fax: +1-562-236-3239
[mailto:jdeboever at trojanbattery.com] jdeboever at trojanbattery.com
[http://www.trojanbattery.com/] www.trojanbattery.com