[RE-wrenches] Smart grid grid-connected compatibility

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Mon Jul 9 07:46:38 PDT 2012

Chris,

Enphase has the ability to remotely adjust the voltage and frequency
operating windows. They have adjusted them as far as they can, or will.

I have some SMA Sunny Boy inverters in locations that recently have
TWACS remote reading systems installed. Most don't have remote data
monitoring. At least one does but the TWACS meter was just installed
there last week. I'll know more about that one after I have a chance to
confirm that the TWACS system has been activated.

I agree with you that the TWACS signal shouldn't be sent to the
customer, but it is generated in the utility meter so it's going to both
the customer and the substation. Also, the TWACS signal can be adjusted
if necessary to generate a bigger signal. I guess that would be their
first step in handling a site with a large capacitive load.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com
t: 541-568-4882