[RE-wrenches] Needed: Outback setpoints that won't ruin AGM's

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Sun Jul 8 09:32:42 PDT 2012

No. End Absorb Amps will only look at the controller current, not net battery current. If loads are on, the current may be higher than your setting and the controller will continue with monitoring the ChgT. More importantly, if current drops below your setting and the battery is not 100%, it will still drop to float mode. Not good.

Without a FlexnetDC and Mate to determine SoC, the only use I can see for this function is if you had a constant load on the system. Then you could calculate the right transition value.

Larry