[RE-wrenches] Silicon Energy install steps?

Alex Cozine acdc.cozine at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:55:28 PDT 2012

Sunmodo in Vancouver WA makes a nice flashing with a 'C' foot that gives
room for trusses that aren't exactly 4' on center.  Here's my salesman's
email if you want to see this foot, it isn't on the website at the moment.
gwinner at sunmodo.com

I agree with bclark.  You have to snap lines and measure corner to corner
to get yourself as close as possible to perfect square so you give yourself
the best chance in getting the modules to slide up easily.   Advice:
measure between "trays" or "slide channel" before bringing each module to
the roof.   Ditto bclark to start with first column and work to next column.
East/West third party rails are often the solution to give a little play in
the installation.

That being said you must have your rubber mallet available for these
installations.

Good Luck, Silicon Energy is a great, robust product and worth any
difficulties that may come with the installation.