[RE-wrenches] GFP and multiple charge controllers

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Wed Apr 18 15:08:12 PDT 2012

A lot of good replies have come by here but here goes another one...

The GFP cannot be used for dual purpose as a disconnect for battery
or PV input and you are not allowed to un-ground the system by turning
off the DC input or output breaker.

4 AWG should be fine for 80 amps. If you need/want to use smaller wire
than that required for an 80 amp GFP, MidNite makes a 63 amp GFP.

boB