[RE-wrenches] Array spacing for optimum performance

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Apr 16 12:32:11 PDT 2012

Carl:

The "sweet spot" is something you have to figure out for yourself.  You
need to balance job-specific values against one another.  Consider factors
such as:  how much you pay for power, how valuable morning and afternoon
production is, the cost of additional PV, the balance between lower tilt
angle production versus more PV that could fit and what weather patterns
are that influence the value of insolation at a given hour or season.

Maybe you can minimize tilt angle and purchase more PV...  Or you can
purchase more land and install more PV...  Or build a bigger structure to
add more PV...  Consider the price of conservation against the price of
more PV...

Build some spreadsheets to explore these trade-offs.  I can' do this for you.

Good luck...

William Miller

At 04:44 PM 4/15/2012, you wrote:
>Carl is having sending issues, so I am posting this on his behalf. He will
>be able to receive your responses on the list, though.

Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com