[RE-wrenches] Off-grid ground mount

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Sat Mar 24 04:37:55 PDT 2012

William,
   I'm attaching a picture of a system we just completed in Eleuthera
using DPW racks on concrete pilings. We tied the pilings and rebar
reinforcement into the limestone bedrock with rebar down 16 inches and
used 12 inch sono tubes as forms.
   We do a lot of ground mounting since our summer work is mostly in New
England and snow removal is always a factor. I have two pole mounted
arrays at my home, but it is the most expensive option, and therefore
do a lot of this type of ground mounting. We also have an economical
"cribworks" type structure made from solid railroad ties and weighing
in at about 2800 lbs each that we will sometimes offer to customers in
off grid situations.

Daryl