[RE-wrenches] Listed Battery Enclosure?

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Thu Mar 22 17:16:27 PDT 2012

Jeremy,Is the inspector citing a specific code rule, necessitating a "listed" battery enclosure?  If no such code rule exists then he is likely unfamiliar with the requirement and is shooting for 'something'.I have not seen or heard of such an enclosure, but there are requirements for proper venting of gas and restricting access.  So build an appropriate box with adequate ventilation and make it lockable or make the room that contains it lockable.benn

DayStar Renewable Energy Inc. www.daystarsolar.ca780-906-7807 Certified Construction Electrician Solar Photovoltaic Systems CertifiedCertificate # 0007SHAVE A SUNNY DAY