[RE-wrenches] Listed Battery Enclosure?

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Thu Mar 22 15:24:18 PDT 2012

Is there a Standard to which a battery enclosure can be tested such that
it can be listed and marked as conforming to the requirements of
performance that a battery enclosure must conform to in order for that
battery enclosure to be used as a battery enclosure?

Is the inspector looking at the enclosure as a piece of electrical
system equipment or as secondary containment for the corrosive liquids?

MPF