[RE-wrenches] Cracked Glass...Warranty?

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Tue Mar 13 12:46:49 PDT 2012

If you don't see any sign of impact, look closely at the area in front
of the junction box. Any discoloration is an indication that it has been
hot in that area. This often is the case with a shorted diode. The heat
will stress the glass and cause it to fracture or make it susceptible to
fracture from any minor stress. The glass will usually have larger
fragments in that area and finer fragments farther away.

A shorted diode should be warranty issue.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com