[RE-wrenches] Grid-Tied, PV by AC or DC

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu Mar 1 23:06:28 PST 2012

i think mark was asking more about ac coupling to get away from the horrible inefficiencies of battery based, grid-tied inverters.

as an experiment, i have been thinking about ac coupling one (or more) of my arrays on my outback system to gain 10% over having the gvfx do the selling.

stc to ptc usually costs about 20%, then losing another 10% in the inverter is a real performance hit. i advise customers about phantom loads and conservation, when actually the battery based inverter is itself the big lump under the carpet!

todd