[RE-wrenches] low head/low cost solar pump

mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:55:53 PST 2012

Hi Wrenches,

Let me be a little more specific about this site.  Potential client has a
pond that he would like to move water to his garden.  This pond is about 10
vetical ft below his garden, and the garden is about 200' horizontal '
away.  He has a little shack about 20' from the pond that we will mount the
solar.  He would like to flood irrigate slowly throughout the day and just
move a flexible hose around.  As far as budget, client hasn't been real
specific.  I have looked at the Shurflow 9300 but was hoping for something
that would operate at a higher flowrate in exchange for not having the high
head capability (and perhaps less expensive).  It does need to be PV direct
capable.

Thanks

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Dan Fink <danbob88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mac;
>
> I would be looking at something like the Shurflo 2088 series and a
> Linear Current Booster, with a check valve on the intake if you can't
> mount the pump below the water level. 75-100 watts of PV should
> perform just fine with that.
>
> Dan Fink,
> Executive Director;
> Otherpower
> Buckville Energy Consulting
> Buckville Publications LLC
> NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
> 970.672.4342 (voicemail)
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM, mac Lewis <maclewis1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi wrenches,
> >
> > I am looking for a relatively low cost solar pumping system.  The system
> has
> > about 10 ft of elevation head and he just wants to water his garden
> which is
> > about 200' away horizontally.  It can either be a submersible pump or a
> pump
> > that can produce some suction.  Any experience with this?  Everything
> I've
> > looked at thus far has been overkill and/or fairly expensive.
> >
> > Thanks
>

> > Mac Lewis
>
> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings: