[RE-wrenches] Absolyte recovery

mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:42:37 PST 2012

 Wrenches,

We have inherited a Telecomm system in which the batteries have had a very
hard life.  A lighting strike knocked the system off line for about 5
months, and ground fault dragged the batteries way down about a month ago.
 Now, we are seeing about 10h of generator run time/day indicating to me
that the batteries are not holding voltage at all.

  I am uncertain of the exact specs at this moment, but it is a 24 Absolyte
IIP batteries (5 years old), with a 5 kW array, two Apollo T80HV charge
controllers and an Apollo 4048 inverter charger.

I don't have experience with these batteries.  Is there any way to try to
recover these batteries?  Any good contacts with GNB would be useful.

Thanks

--

Mac Lewis

*