[RE-wrenches] Paralleling Mutlitple Inverter

Rich Nicol rich at solartechvt.com
Sun Jan 22 04:53:20 PST 2012

Good Morning Wrenches,

I'm wondering if anyone has an advice on preferred methods and
component/panel recommendations for paralleling multiple inverters. The
proposed system will utilize 4 SMA6000 inverters (100 amps) and will be a
ground mounted system with inverters located outdoors in the cold frigid
temperatures of Vermont in a farmer's field so the panel where we complete
the parallel connections needs to be outdoor rated (although it will be
sheltered from the worst of the elements). It will be a standalone system
with a dedicated utility power drop/meter for the system. My understanding
of using a load center in this applications is that the 120% rule will apply
as it does in a typical installation per NEC690.64(B)(2)with the bus amp
rating for the load center based upon the inverter feed side as well as the
over current device on the utility side.

Any input regarding preferred panels and configuration is appreciated.

Thanks

Rich