[RE-wrenches] Electrolytic Caps vs. Thin Film Caps

Dave Palumbo dave at independentpowerllc.com
Sun Jan 15 05:32:58 PST 2012

Dan,

Any worries with inverters located out in 30 below zero temps with either
Electrolytic Caps or Film Capacitors? It's very cold here this AM (minus
twenty something F) and it makes me wonder about all the inverters, both
micro's and string, outside in cold weather areas. We've been told in the
past by SMA, Fronius and Solectria that we should be good down to 40 below,
although this is typically not found in their technical documents in print.

David Palumbo
Independent Power LLC
462 Solar Way Drive
Hyde Park, VT 05655