[RE-wrenches] Tying a ground mount to sandstone slab

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 09:03:04 PST 2012

Hi Wrenches,

I am working on a project right now where we need to figure out how to put
an 8kW ground mount on a property that is covered with a sandstone slab.
 Does anyone have any advice on how to do this?  My preliminary idea is to
drill down about 12" and epoxy rebar into the sandstone, and pour a square
pier about 2'x2'x2' on top that holds the upright support in place.  Any
thoughts or comments about this or ideas about other ways to approach
this are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

--

Mac Lewis