[RE-wrenches] 3 Phase With 2 Inverters?

holtek at sbcglobal.net holtek at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 27 11:59:52 PST 2012

We were asked to inspect a  GT system installed by others. Service is 208 3ph with two (?) Fronius IG 4500 208v inverters. The inverter panel is 3ph with two 2pole breakers - one each side of the buss bar in a A/B, B/C configuration (??). Called Fronius and they said it would work, but they "don't recommend it". No other information was given as to why they don't. My electrician is very uncomfortable with doing work on this system as is (ME TOO!), so I am wondering if I might be able get some ammo to convince system owner to add a third inverter to get the system right. What problems might/will be encountered in this system if not modified? BTW - inverter LCD screens were crapped out, so we couldn't readily see if system was functioning properly....from metering, we think not.

Holt E. Kelly
Holtek Fireplace & Solar Products
500 Jewell Dr.
Waco TX. 76712