[RE-wrenches] AC (only) Diversion

Nathan Stumpff Nathan at arcticsun-llc.com
Fri Oct 12 12:36:56 PDT 2012

Wrenches,

We are working on the design for a system where we will be using grid-tied wind and solar but will not be able to net-meter the project (we can interconnect but the meter only runs one way.) Anything we use on site is worth 100%, any production that goes back to the grid is lost forever to the customer. What we would like to do is monitor all solar and wind production, monitor all usage, and then be able to dump every watt-hour of over production as heat, there is plenty of (thermal) storage capacity.

If this were a battery based system I know how I would approach this and what equipment I would spec, but so far I am having a hard time coming up with a  solution. Anyone have any suggestions for products or strategies in this case? Something like an eGauge with programmable PWM relay outputs?

Any thoughts or suggestions are most appreciated,
-Nathan

--
Nathan J. Stumpff - Arctic Sun, LLC
NABCEP Certified PV Installer #091209-175