[RE-wrenches] PV Production Meter on a XW System

Aaron Mandelkorn reosolar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:29:54 PDT 2012

Wrenches,

I would like to here some thoughts on monitoring the production a XW in grid tie with battery backup mode. I normally use the Sunny Island for my grid tie with battery backup systems and am considering going with the XW on my next one.  Just wondering where in the system one would wire the AC PV Production meter to best represent the amount of power sold to the grid.  We have performance based incentives around here that require metering of the power going back to the grid.  With the SI systems this is easily accomplished by putting the required meter after the sunny boy before going to the critical loads panel.  Any ideas about how to accomplish this with the DC coupled XW system? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron Mandelkorn
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Owner / Operator

Renewable Energy Outfitters