[RE-wrenches] Outback with grid charging

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 20:47:36 PDT 2012

Hello,

I got a call from a family today about a system they had installed recently and they think they have a problem.  They claim their electric bill has just about doubled since the system has been installed due to outback using the grid to power the loads instead of the battery bank.  They claim the MATE always shows the system buying the exact amount as any load on the system draws.   Due to the distance from my shop, I would like to get any ideas on what could cause this before I drive all the way there.

What I know about the system:
2 - outback inverters, 48v
2 - whisper 500 wind generators with whisper charge controllers
16 - MK 12v AGMS (8/inverter)

I guessing setting, but if anyone has seen this before, I'd like to narrow it down before the drive.

Thanks eh!

Jesse

Sent from my iPad!!!