[RE-wrenches] question about Xantrex AGS

Ron @ earthRight Solar solareagle at solareagle.com
Thu Aug 16 15:30:20 PDT 2012

Hi Wrenches,

I have a client that has burned up two control boards on an Onan-Cummings 5.5 kw propane generator. The system includes an XW 6048 inverter, XW MPPT c.c., and the Onan generator. System has worked well for several years but recently burned up the control board on the Onan. Client decided to purchase a new Onan instead of paying $1k for a new control board. The new Onan lasted one week and the same result, control board fried. He is consulting with me at this point - I didn't supply any of this equpt. - and Onan supplier is being completely unhelpful. I'm trying to do a little detective work here and discover the cause of the problem. I'm wondering if it could be the XW-AGS possibly sending too high voltage to the Onan controller. Has anyone had issues with these? Any suggestions?

Ron Young

earthRight Products - Solareagle.com

Williams Lake, BC
V2G 2A3