[RE-wrenches] roof attachment in tile roof

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Fri Jul 13 06:40:03 PDT 2012

Wrenches,
I don't see a lot of tile roof in this area but I'm working on a project
(new construction) and the roofing will be metal roof tile, see
here.Šmetrotile_roman.cfm <http://metroroofproducts.com/metrotile_roman.cfm>
.
Recommendations I've received for attaching the racking include a tile hook
or hanger bolts.

I have used them but always had a hesitation with hanger bolts since the
whole array is being supported by a few inches of free-standing bolts, and
with no 'cross-support' (triangle) I don't see what is stopping the array
from keeling over and bending/snapping the bolts, especially under a heavy
snow load!  I would love to hear some comments on this concern.

Hanger bolts or tile hooksŠ.What does the collective wisdom of this list
have to suggest/recommend?

Cheers,
Benn

DayStar Renewable Energy Inc.
www.daystarsolar.ca  *  Ph: 780-906-7807
Construction Electrician Solar Photovoltaic Systems Certified
Certificate # 0007S
HAVE A SUNNY DAY