[RE-wrenches] Battery changing on SW inverter

Glenn Burt glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Tue May 15 13:44:20 PDT 2012

Hello wrenches,

I am quoting a job to do a simple battery bank replacement on an existing
system that has a Trace SW4048 inverter.

I have not done any substantial work on these revered systems, but seem to
remember that removing the batteries will lose all the custom program
settings in the inverter.

I seem to recall there was a product that could be purchased that used a 9V
battery to hold up the setting memory while the main batteries were
disconnected. Could anyone tell me the name of it?

Or is there a better solution out there? I see a couple of products that
claim to read/write the SW memory from Right Hand Engineering and Maui Solar
Software - anyone used them or recommend against them?

Thanks,

Glenn Burt

glb, Consulting Company

NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer TM