[RE-wrenches] Remote switch needed for "old school" Trace DR inverter

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Tue May 15 12:53:37 PDT 2012

Greetings, Mechanix~

My client du monde would like to acquire the remote on/off switch that
plugs into the face of a DR series inverter. Since this part is
way-discontinued, I'm hoping to find one in someone's "rusty & dusty".
Contact me off list if you can supply this item new or used.

If that fails, does anybody know how to hack this? I think there are four
wires in the phone socket and only two of those are needed for a momentary
switch to mimic the on/off button on the inverter face. The problem is not
knowing which two wires from a phone cable to connect to a generic
momentary switch.

Thanks & Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com