[RE-wrenches] Overcurrent error SW4024

mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 07:25:50 PDT 2012

Hello wrenches,

I have a customer that I have been working with over the phone.  He has a
SW 4024, with a T240 transformer feeding a 2 HP well pump on a timer.   The
system has worked well for years, but recently, he has been getting
overcurrent errors when the well pump starts.  It's not every time, but
about every other time.  He also did an experiment where he turned off the
well pump, and gets the overcurrent error just energizing the transformer.
 Does this indicate the transformer is failing?  What are other
explanations for this behavior?

Thanks for any advice

--

Mac Lewis