[RE-wrenches] acid rain

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Tue Jan 31 21:15:33 PST 2012

With an active volcano on our island (erupting since 1983!), there are parts
of the island which are often suffering through a thick haze of volcanic
fog, what we call in these here parts "vog."

This creates rainfall which can be considerably more acidic than normal.

A client asked me today whether this acid rain would damage PV modules over
time.  D'oh!  I didn't know the answer to that.

With tempered glass and anodized Al. being the principal exposed components,
anyone have much of an idea of what kind of educated (or at least a feigned
educated answer) response I might give?

Thanks,

marco