[RE-wrenches] battery venting

Roy Butler roy at four-winds-energy.com
Sat Dec 31 15:31:42 PST 2011

I agree with Michael. I would try to avoid pressurized battery boxes.

I also want to add that I have always followed the 360 degree limit for
vent pipe bends.

I have also learned that even though the Zephyr vents can be replaced,
most of them run so
quietly that most end users don't notice when they fail. Yes, that's
another great argument
for regular inspections.

I have been using 3" vent pipe with a minimum 60 cfm, brushless, sealed
motor vent fan,
mounted so that it pulls the gases from the box and up the pipe.

Roy Butler
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
NYSERDA eligible PV&  wind installer
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Route 46
Arkport, NY 14807
607-324-9747

www.four-winds-energy.com

Although no trees were killed in the sending of this message,
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.