[RE-wrenches] Pole Mount PVC

North Texas Renewable Energy ntrei at 1scom.net
Sat Dec 31 07:01:53 PST 2011

Drake-     on the tracker installs we've done, the method you describe is standard procedure. the exception is that on our very first we used RMC wrapped in a continuous layer of anti-corrosion tape to keep the wet concrete from attacking the zink coating.
On all jobs since then we have used only rigid NM stubbed up to just inches above the surface of the finished pier. Then we transisitioned to EMT, offset and bolted firmly to the steel pipes.
This process has passed muster when buried conduit penetrated a concrete foundation into the new equipment room. A exterior pier should be no different from a concrete foundation. Most any commercial electrical contractor in your area should be able to detail the process that works in that jurisdiction.
Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy
817.917.0527
ntrei at 1scom.net