[RE-wrenches] a PV titan is to be no more

holtek at sbcglobal.net holtek at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 22 14:55:42 PST 2011

A couple of blogs re: BP
http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/39142/?mod=chthumb

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/energy/27436/?p1=blogs

Holt E. Kelly
Holtek Fireplace & Solar Products
500 Jewell Dr.
Waco TX. 76712
254-751-9111
www.holteksolar.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Allan Sindelar
  To: re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:04 AM
  Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] a PV titan is to be no more

  Bill,
  Because of our long shared history with Dankoff Solar Products (became Conergy US), which was an original "BP Partner" distributor beginning in 1997, we installed quite a few BP modules. I have no love for BP: we have had a lot of module failures, mostly of the 72-cell 160 and 170W poly modules. But BP does respond to warranty claims pretty promptly, sending replacement modules (that never match, of course) and paying for replacement. In a few cases BP has replaced entire arrays where the number of failed modules was excessive.

  Like you, I share concern about this, especially given the number of defective modules that we will continue to have to replace. But at least we do receive support.
  Allan

  Allan Sindelar
  Allan at positiveenergysolar.com
  NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer
  NABCEP Certified Technical Sales Professional
  New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
  Positive Energy, Inc.
  3201 Calle Marie
  Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507