[RE-wrenches] System Performance | Battery Based Grid Tie

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 20:40:16 PST 2011

I hope I did not give the wrong impression, my large system I gave the sunlight to AC not the inverter efficiency, I have access in the data to the module output to AC and it is very good, I do not remember the numbers, but close to 90%  the low performance of my system is the measured underperformance of the modules with some module failures.  I can not say why some modules have failed, but the outback equipemnt has not.  I have 12 inverters GVFX 3648  on one system, and very little maintence.  The syetem will run without batteries.  I was checking battery condition and shut off the batteries and it ran for a month. before I checked and turned the batteries back on.