[RE-wrenches] Vent Pipes under an array?

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Thu Dec 15 11:52:22 PST 2011

One solution for plumbing vents:
http://www.ipscorp.com/studor

Florida's plumbing code allows these AAVs to be used as long as "within
each plumbing system, a minimum of one stack vent or vent stack shall
extend outdoors to the open air." So you may be able to replace some,
but not all, of your vents with this solution within the ventilated
attic or closer to the branch drain. Makes your array look a lot better
too without the 6"+ high pipe periscoping out of it!