[RE-wrenches] SMA combi switch in s.s.

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Dec 7 10:28:44 PST 2011

Marco:

The first combi-switches I used I fabricated myself.  I used the Square D
disconnect and added standard touch-safe fuse holders.  I skipped the power
distribution blocks and used wire nuts to save space.

You could look for a 600 V disconnect in a SS enclosure and add your own
parts in whatever configuration you preferred.  Treat the internal
connections with No-Alox, silicon grease, standard grease, Vaseline or best
practice material and you have a corrosion resistant combiner.  Sure it is
not a "listed" device, but it is based on listed components and a listed
design and I imagine your installation has already been inspected.

Or, build a standard combiner out of din-mounted breakers rated properly in
a sealed plastic or SS box.

If you need help finding the parts, or in any other capacity, contact me
off list.

William Miller