[RE-wrenches] 90 degree wire bends

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Sat Nov 19 10:28:04 PST 2011

BANG.
500 megajoules running through a wire at the speed of light. The poor little wire is doing the best is can to transmit the power, creating a freight train of spiraling, magnetic fields along the way. A tight bend, creating high inductance, looks like a 8 foot thick concrete wall. BANG. This time as the energy explodes from the wire to find a path of lesser resistance. That about sums it up.

I love it when I see "lightning protection" installations with neatly formed wires following every turn and contour tightly. Bang.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems