[RE-wrenches] Convert Grid Tie SW4048 to Backup System; Add New Inverter, AC Coupled

maverick at mavericksolar.com maverick at mavericksolar.com
Thu Nov 17 21:08:42 PST 2011

Dick,

What are the customers goals? Battery backup works, but requires knowledge of the customer's expectations (energy, power and flexibility). What is the budget for the upgrades. Do they want more solar? They don't want battery maintenance, will they want generator maintenance?

Ask these questions and offer two or three routes, grid tie only, existing inverter with refresh or new inverters, AGM Batteries, 2kw PV add on, etc. We have done all three answers to the same question, but all were directed by the customers wishes.

Thank you,

Maverick

Maverick Brown
BSEET, NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer ®
President & CEO
Maverick Solar Enterprises, Inc.
Office:     512-919-4493
Cell:        512-460-9825