[RE-wrenches] Convert Grid Tie SW4048 to Backup System; Add NewInverter, AC Coupled

Comet Systems cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 17:54:32 PST 2011

I would prefer a propane generator for these standby systems as diesel does
NOT store well especially in hot areas, diesels require more maintenance
and make more noise. For large loads over long periods, diesels have an
efficiency advantage, but propane generators are cleaner and cheaper.
A propane generator can be sit for years without issue, a diesel would gum
up and require serious maintenance.
And, if you are in an area with natural gas, you don't have to worry about
fuel storage or permitting of same.

Chris Mason
Factory trained Generac technician
NABCEP certified PV Installer