[RE-wrenches] Sizing 3 phase OCPD - main

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 19:37:23 PST 2011

Hi rebecca, I assume the inverters are all true 3 phase, to check 20 kW/480/1.73 = 24 amps this is what you expect on each leg.  You have 10 of these therefore 240 amps on each leg.  Solar is continous so you need x1.25 this is of course 301 amps you need to select a 301 breaker, but I think NEC 240.6 will allow a 300 amp.  ((sorry I do not have my code book and I am on the road))
Good Luck
Darryl