[RE-wrenches] combiner bus bar for Sunny Tower DC input?

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Nov 14 15:35:40 PST 2011

Kirk:

This sounds like a bad idea:  Combing PV strings and then splitting them
and recombining them (what you essentially described, if I
understand).  You need to bypass the built in fuses.  Never having done
this, I can't offer advice on how to do so, but I am pretty sure your plan
is flawed.  Questions arise, such as:  Will you be installing fuses in the
built in holders?  If so, how do you know they will evenly divide the current?

William