[RE-wrenches] intermittent battery problem; AH Metering is Important

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Sun Oct 9 10:14:36 PDT 2011

Hello Ron,

To me, battery AH monitoring is a vitally important component when designing an off grid RE system. There are 10's of thousands of reasons why, aka customers that have unwittingly ruined batteries. It is not a luxury item; for a tiny percentage of the system cost you can add this invaluable tool. Think of how your problem solving would be enhanced if this customer told you, for instance, the bank was down 700AH.

Battery Wrenches well know that sometimes an event will occur where batteries can be severely discharged in just a day. A user may think everything is OK because the inverter still works. AH metering will expose these events and will keep the user well informed.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems