[RE-wrenches] Re-configuring expanded array

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Sep 30 08:11:12 PDT 2011

Hi Holt,

Ditto what Allan said....Or, If you must have the extra power, add a separate charge controller to operate those two PV modules.

I assume that the modules are already owned since you would not design a system with mixed modules. Mixing different PV modules will always cause a loss of potential power when using MPPT controllers. However, you don't have much choice from an economic standpoint. Just try to match the Vmp between the strings.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems