[RE-wrenches] Designing PV systems for lightning prone areas

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Fri Sep 23 09:18:46 PDT 2011

I don't recall how many ground rods we used but it was not a lot as we had such an extensive buried grid (I think 4, 1 at each corner). We bonded to the rebar in several places. Never have done ultra-deep extended rods, they are such a %&*# to drive just 8' I would not even want to try! Ground grids seem so much better and easier and I feel real good about encircling the structure as well.
I have had Delta's bulge and rupture in the past with the protected equipment surviving. I know they are borderline false security thus my migration to better options. One can easily spend a small fortune on protection schemes with wild manu's claims abound. Bottom line is do the best we can and afford, in the end you're at the mercy of enormous forces of nature as you flip the coin, one side is Murphy's Law, the other is Luck.

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions
Refinance for 2.625%/3.10% APR
Loans under 729K usually qualify for US GOV backed refinance programs
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e7cb18199ef4491b5fst06vuc