[RE-wrenches] Sharp modules

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Mon Sep 12 16:24:10 PDT 2011

I have just started dealing with 1SolTech, manufacturing in Texas, and am
impressed with what I see so far. I am using them to replace the Sharp's I
had originally intended to use on a job in Mexico. From others on the
wrench list, it seems the warranty is void if the Sharp panels are
installed in a "marine environment". The job I'm on is about 250 feet from
the ocean and 60 feet above, but I still didn't want to take a chance,
even though these days we're taking a chance with almost any panel in one
way or another....floating glass without sealing between the frames and
cells seems to me a recipe for possible organic growth in humid
environments and I can think of a plethora of other concerns over the long
term with these newer Sharp modules...could be just my imagination,
but....

Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design