[RE-wrenches] mechanical vs. electronic kwh meter

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Fri Aug 12 07:37:13 PDT 2011

Same here in Southwest Florida. However, our "testing" usually lasts exactly the amount of time between installation completion and meter replacement. We have never heard a complaint by the utility that the system was energized before the bidirectional meter was installed, despite the policy against it. On that note, most meter swaps occur quickly.

Jason Szumlanski