[RE-wrenches] Anti-Islanding Explanantion

Marv Dargatz Marv.Dargatz at solaredge.com
Tue Jul 26 10:38:27 PDT 2011

Peter,

Correct.  After a fault due to any utility protective function, the inverter must monitor the grid and all parameters must remain within acceptable limits for a default time of 300 seconds prior to reconnection and commencement of power export.  If, during the 300 second monitoring time, the utility goes out of spec, the timer must start over and begin a new countdown.  With utility authorization, the 300 second timer may be reduced to some other value acceptable to the utility protection engineer.

See ya!

Marv
Director of Technology and Support, North America
SolarEdge Technologies, Inc.
Tech Support Mobile:  +530.798.6770